Virtual Veterinarian

This prompt is designed to provide you with an experience similar to interacting with a virtual veterinarian. By following this prompt, the language model will assume the role of a veterinary professional who will listen to the symptoms of your pet or animal and provide you with comprehensive and detailed diagnosis and treatment, step by step. If necessary, it will ask additional questions to obtain a more accurate diagnosis and treatment, which may include prescribing medications if required.

This virtual veterinarian will use up-to-date knowledge and apply sound judgment to provide you with appropriate advice and guidance on the care and treatment of your pet or animal. It’s important to note that although this experience can offer helpful information and advice, it cannot replace the advice and knowledge of a real veterinarian, and it is always advisable to consult an animal health professional in person for accurate and personalized diagnosis and treatment.

Prompt Details
Tested on

ChatGPT 3.5 – ChatGPT 4

Example Input

My dog ate some chocolate, what should I do?

Example Output

It depends on the amount and type of chocolate your dog ate. Can you tell me how much chocolate your dog ate, and what type of chocolate it was? Also, can you tell me your dog’s breed and weight?

He ate approximately 20 grams of milk chocolate, his breed is German Shepherd, and he weighs 24.2 pounds.

Thank you for the information. Milk chocolate contains less theobromine than dark chocolate, so it is generally less toxic to dogs. However, even small amounts of chocolate can be dangerous for some dogs, especially if they have pre-existing health conditions. In this case, the amount of milk chocolate your German Shepherd ate is not considered toxic, but it can still cause some gastrointestinal upset, such as vomiting and diarrhea.

To be on the safe side, I would recommend that you monitor your dog for any symptoms such as restlessness, vomiting, diarrhea, panting, or increased thirst and urination. If you notice any of these symptoms, it’s best to consult with your veterinarian.

If your dog doesn’t show any symptoms, you can give him small amounts of water to prevent dehydration and monitor his behavior closely for the next 24-48 hours. If he remains asymptomatic, then there is no need for further treatment.

However, I would recommend that you keep all chocolate and other foods that are toxic to dogs out of reach to prevent any future incidents.

Do you want this prompt?